Skip to main content

The Importance of Being Different

For women, how do you see your husbands or your fathers. How much of your life have they affected you? For the men, how do you see yourself? Do you feel like your fathers are proud of who you are, and what you stand for, for your successes and even your failures in life? Are you proud about who you have turned out to be? Think about it, we are all unique in our own special ways, and we all try to do our best to accomplish our goals in life.

In my life growing up, my dad has been a significant role model for me. I admired him each day, as he left the house to go to work and providing so much for my mom and each child. He worked hard outside of the home while my mom took care of me and my siblings. Some days I know it was stressful for my mom because my siblings and I can cause some great chaos in a small home. But, every day my dad would come home, give my mom a kiss, and take me and my siblings off her hands. That's how my life was, my mom took care of us while my dad went to work throughout the week. On the weekends we got both my parents home, except with those certain days when my parents needed a break from each of us, then we would get a baby-sitter for a few hours. I couldn't imagine any other way to raise a family, then how my parents did.

All families aren't the same, and everyone doesn't have the same opinion about raising children a certain way. There are those people that have voiced their opinions strongly about how men and women should be treated the same, that men shouldn't get away with things women can't. For instance, at a dry cleaners, dresses and blouses for women cost more than the shirts or pants do for men. At different hair salons, women haircuts are more expensive than men haircuts. Men get the "fun" jobs like, construction work, fire fighter, or a police officer, while women get stuck with the boring jobs sitting behind a desk or being stuck at home with their rowdy kids. There are some who have complained about why they have to be the ones to raise the kids, believe it or not.

Looking at these different job types, and men and women. We aren't the same, men have more upper body strength, which gives them that ability to be a fire fighter or a police officer. They can defend themselves against other men easier than women can. Men are more competitive than women, and more assertive. Women are more civilized, cooperative, and emotionally expressive. I am not saying one is better than the other, but I am saying we are given different abilities so that we can complement the other. It's not a terrible thing to say that we are all different. If we were all the same, would life be as enjoyable?

Honestly women, we all need men in our lives whether we like it or not. Men are the kind of people that women can't mimic, or be without. I've got a best friend and I will tell her anything because I grew up with her and I know I can trust her, I can't do that with other girls. With guys, however, I find me a good male friend and I will talk his ear off with my problems and I will cry on his shoulder and so many more things that I really couldn't do with girls. My sisters don't count because I will always tell them everything, well most of the time. If we were all the same, my life wouldn't be happy. It's like saying if we were all normal, nothing exciting in life would happen. If we all ate the same things or saw the world in the same kind of view, things would be boring. No different perspectives on life, no different attitudes to deal with. Men are not higher than women, and women are not higher than men. We are equally the same in a way, but like I said, we are all different in our own unique ways. It's what makes us, who we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of Your Happily Ever After

Who enjoys being married? Is it easier, or harder, than you thought? Many people have this fantasy that when they get married, all of their problems will go away, and they will have their happily ever after. Well, in a way you do have a happily ever after, you have a great soulmate, but it does not get easier. I am not married so I don't know the full extent of the problems that many married people go through each day, but I have learned a little about it in class, and I am wanting to share with each of you! As singles, we have our usual trials of trying to get through each day with classes, friends and even dating, which is such a joy right! As married couples, you still have trials in your life, but they are a little different. Have you heard of the phrase of those who get married disappear off the face of the earth? I'm sure you already know why, they have found their best friend and are happy with life! Also, after being married, being able to be with your spouse is somet...

The Importance of Knowledge

To start off, I'm going to warn you that my blog today is going to be pretty blunt with the message I have chosen to share with you, because it is something that needs to be treated seriously and not as a joke. This topic has broken up so many families and continues doing so because many people, especially your children, don't know what it is, how to handle it and how to fix it.  My topic I'm going to talk to you about today is pornography. Years ago, pornographic images were only found in magazines at the store. Now, years later, porn is everywhere! Technology, on billboards we pass by while driving, in music we listen to, in books we read, and even in the words we hear each day. This horrible addiction is everywhere! As parents, our job is to protect our children. To teach them of the worldly things and how we can best prepare them for the future. I know pornography may be an awkward conversation, especially with kids under the age of ten, but all ages are affected b...

The Importance of Rules & Roles

Growing up, I thought my parents didn't allow us to do a whole lot in our small town. It's the small type where everyone knows everyone and their kids. I was always frustrated why we couldn't have sleep overs or go to a friend's house during certain days of the week, or why my sisters and I couldn't play tag in the stores, or go up the escalators that were coming down. These things are all so much fun and my parents were just sucking the fun out of all of them. I felt like we couldn't do anything. I wasn't happy about a few things in life, and I didn't understand why my parents had so many rules until I got a little older. In my home we have rules. These rules don't suck the fun out of our lives, but they are there to keep each one of us safe and protected, to keep order in the home, for the most part. Another reason we have rules is because they help all ten of us become more united by understanding each other and their situations, we can relat...