Men who are married, aren't married, single or in a relationship, I am going to focus this message on you guys today. Have you ever had a vision of your own where you would one day be a father? Having kids of your own that you can raise and teach them the important things of living? Keep those dreams close to you and keep aspiring towards them!
As men, there are many out in the world that say they would want to be a father one day. Many men were asked the question, "Why do you want to become a father?" Their response was, they want to have that opportunity to carry on traditions or family history. Why do you want to become a father? Is it just to say you have kids, to have your own little family growing in front of your eyes, to share this life with them, or like others, to carry on traditions from your own families or start new ones?
Even though these men say they want a family, how soon do they mean? Many couples (both men and women) want a family, but they are afraid that having kids will ruin their social life. They must be more responsible, more patient with their kids, spending money on other things, and making sure at least one of you is home at all times. When weighing between the options of a career and a family, which is more important? Yes, I understand that you need a career to keep your family above water, but that doesn't mean you need to have your Masters in something by the time you start a family. I know of many people who have kids, both parents are in college and they are still doing swell. Don't stress about life too much, otherwise you might miss the most important things that happened, or that could have happened to you and others.
Growing up my dad was the world to me. He still has a very important part in my life as he continues to guide me through so many trials and give me direction with life when things get ridiculously hard and confusing. A few years ago, I went and talked to my dad about something that had been bothering me in my life at that time. I usually go to my mom, but she wanted me to talk to my dad considering the situation I was in. Without going into a lot of detail, my dad listened to me as I talked to him about my feelings and my concerns. After I was done talking the room was filled with silence. I looked at my dad who was looking at me with a half-smile on his face. He started speaking and he told me just what I needed to hear. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but what I needed at the time. My dad helped me out so much when my mom wasn't able to. I am so grateful for the most amazing father who cares about me and keeps me on the right path.
My dad and I have always been close, but after that conversation I have grown closer to him. I feel like I can trust my dad even more, being able to tell him the things on my mind when my mom isn't around, or when I need a different kind of advice. If I didn't have my dad in my life, now and growing up, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be as confident in myself or known that I'm loved to the fullest by both parents. He's been an important influence on me in my life.
I'm sure for those who have those dreams in life to have a family, that if you love your wife, love your kids and make time for each kid and keeping your wife happy and loved, your kids can say the same thing about you as I have said about my dad. Or as you say about your dad. I guess depending on how you want to be seen by those of your own family will depend on how you treat them. It's all up to you on how you want to be as a father figure to your loved ones.
Comments
Post a Comment